Monday 26 January 2015

Make-up review - Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss

Cards on the table - I LOVE Illamasqua. They do colour like no other brand, from the palest of shades of foundation (they even do a pure white), to intense brights and bold darks.  They do really good online product demos, showing the same lip colours on more than one skin tone, and in "moving swatch" videos rather than just those hopeless blobs which never truly represent how the product will actually look on you. And then there's all the textures they offer... a little more on that in an upcoming post on their nail varnishes.

I've been looking for an orangey shade of lipstick for a while, so when I spotted their Intense Lipgloss in Mistress in the sale for a meagre £6.60 (instead of £16.50 RRP), I had to give it a shot. It's more coral than orange, but a great way to work out whether orange suits me or not before I go full on tangerine.



I have only one complaint about this lipgloss, and that's the applicator. I hadn't seen a brush applicator in I don't know how long until I got this. And I wouldn't mind, except it arrived damaged - sometimes the brush gets a bit messed up towards the end of a tube of lipgloss when you replace it a little carelessly. This one arrived damaged and splayed, and it's like there's a tiny knot at the end of it scratching my lips when I apply it. I'm going to need to give it a wash and trim the splayed hairs.


That said, I love the product. It's a thick, gloopy gloss with the most amazing colour payoff. It's impossible to stop your hair sticking to your lipgloss in the wind, but this isn't nearly as sticky as you'd imagine for such a thick consistency, and it lasts really well. Plus, applied more sparingly, it gives a great sheer colour which usually gets me til near lunchtime before needing a top up (depending how many cups of tea I need to get me through the morning).







This would look fab with a tan, or pale skin and crisp black eyeliner - which luckily is my signature look.

Illamasqua's Intense Lipgloss costs £16.50 and is available in 18 shades (some of which are still on sale at £6.60!) ranging from traditional pinks and reds to black, lilac and lime green, with both traditional gloss and metallic finishes.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment