Sunday 11 January 2015

Skincare review - Lancôme Galateis Douceur

It's an oldie, but a goodie.

I've always avoided cleansing lotions and milks like the plague, knowing many of them (though not this one) contain shea butter - a nightmare for my oily, spot-prone skin - and preferring the safety of balms and clay based cleansers. But after spending a small fortune on Lancôme's Génifique and Visionnaire serums a few months back, I was given a rather generous free gift set including mascara, lipstick, perfume, miniature serums, and this wondrous little cleanser.




I put off using it for months, terrified it might break me out, but finally cracked it open in November, and boy am I glad I did.


It's a thin lotion, which smooths across the skin easily (meaning you really don't need much), gives enough slip to massage in, and then is easily removed with a damp flannel. It removes light make up easily, but heavy eye make up or sunscreen would need a separate make up remover. Resultantly, I tend to use it as a second cleanse after an oily balm has taken care of my make up.

The good
I find it to be super gentle, so good for sensitive skin and not an issue around the eyes, and I've had no new break outs when using it - even less occasional spots than when I've been using Ren Clearcalm which was always my safest cleanser.

The bad
It does contain mineral oil (find out more from Caroline Hirons here), but while I know it's not *good* for my skin, it hasn't clogged it up in the slightest, and I'd say it's as clear as it's been in recent months.



It won't be for everyone, but for me - especially given my aversion to milky lotions - it was an unexpected success. At £23 for 200ml / £35.50 for 400ml (though often on offer), it's not the cheapest, but nor is it particularly expensive, and it's a small price to pay for the soft, clear skin I'm currently sporting.

Have you tried it? What did you think?

Ax


No comments:

Post a Comment